I took this right off our friends Carol's blog... thought some of our friends and family might be able to help this family (child) as well. I see you contact her friend directly to buy the shirt. There is extra information from Jen in the comment section of this entry.
Adoption Fundraising


Doug and I have had the honor to witness several friends adopt children both locally and internationally. It is a joy to take part in their journeys, even if we haven't experienced adopting children ourselves.
A humbling part of adoption is asking people to help with the cost. It is hard for people to ask others to help them bring a child into their family. However, I see it as a beautiful thing. As friends, we have the priviledge of being part of the process. When I was pregnant, only Doug and I were part of the process :) Adoption is awesome because it takes a community of friends and family.
So, I would like to help some friends, the McKim family, raise money to pay for their adoption. They are adopting a child from Uganda. He is a teacher and she is a stay-at-home mom of 3.
You can help them by purchasing a very cool t-shirt and/or purchasing some delicious free trade coffee. They have been forced to get creative because they don't qualify for the tax credit (he is a teacher and doesn't pay enough taxes..something like that).
Order Yours: S/M/L/XL
The back has the Bible verse John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you." And in fine print on the world it says, "this shirt is changing lives in Africa".To order, email jenmckim@hotmail.com
Buy this Coffee- Help the McKim's Adopt
African Morning (light roast)*Triple Tango (medium roast)
*South Seas (dark roast)
*Cinnamon Creme Brulee (flavored)
*Decaf
*Cocoa Jambo! (all natural Ghana cocoa)
The coffee beans are all fresh roasted and can be ordered whole bean or ground. All flavors and roasts are $10/lb.
You can order here! Go to: http://www.963coffee.com/c-1-963-coffee.aspx?affili
T-shirts ($20) and coffee ($10). You can go to Jen's Journey for Truth blog to contact her if you'd like to know more :)
2 comments:
Kari,
I saw your comment on Carol's blog. We are soooo appreciative of everyone who is doing what they can to raise awareness of our adoption. I am just in awe of the fact that someone who doesn't know us at all would help in this way! God is so amazing!!! We actually have an adoption blog, but it is set to private. Shoot me an email if you would like to view it, and I'll send you the user name and password.
With the coffee fundraiser - if people go to the site using our link with our ID # 10212 at the end then whatever they order is automatically linked to our account and 40% of the proceeds of what they order go into it. 963 Coffee then sends us monthly checks from our sales. Once someone clicks the link a cookie is deposited on their computer and all orders after that from their computer (regardless of whether or not they use our link) are linked to our account. I hope that's easy to understand... I'm not a computer person at all so I'm just telling you what they told me! So you just click on the link and order like you normally would, they do the rest!
Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We can't wait to see what God does through this!
~Jen
Sorry... I meant to put this on the other comment. The link for the coffee is http://www.963coffee.com/c-1-963-coffee.aspx?affiliateID=10212
I think maybe our ID# is not on your original link.
Post a Comment