April 22, 2011

Easter Story (as told by Eli)


The Easter story - by Elijah Pershing Kuebler

Jesus (batman) rides into Jerusalem on a donkey (eeyore).
 

Satan (star wars character with light sabre) and the Roman soldiers (skeletan dudes, knights, an Indian, and Tigger) attack Jesus and give him bumps (punches), karate chops, and burps all over and kill him.

Mary (Daphne) is at Jesus' cross and is very sad.

Jesus' body was put into a very large cave (lego tower).  Eli was very concerned about Jesus being in the cave with nothing.  So he provided honey for Jesus, a hammock, a window to look out, and a swimming pool (not in the picture).

Jesus' disciples (Donald Duck, random action figure, and 3 headed dragon) wait for Jesus to come out of the cave.

Here's the story from God's perspective?  (and notice Piglet...he was one of Jesus' friends).

Here is the future for Jesus (batman):  donkey ride, soldiers & Satan, the Cross, and the cave.  Perhaps we know why Jesus was praying so hard in the garden.

I asked Eli what happened to Jesus after he came out of the cave.  He didn't say anything, but just pointed up.  So I took a picture of what he pointed to.  I'm assuming he meant heaven, and not our Dining Room.

After we put together this story, I asked Eli to tell it again real quick for the camera.  Perhaps I should not have encouraged him to do it so fast.

So that was Eli's 4 year old version of the Easter story.  Hopefully everyone can take some time this weekend to focus on the importance of Easter, and meditate on all the horrible/wonderful things that happened...and give thanks to God for being so good to us. 

0 comments: