March 28, 2009

Wrigley Puppy (WARNING: 1st picture is not our puppy)

I am sure everyone that knows I am not a fan of dogs (and hated the idea of having to own one someday) wonders how in the world we decided to get one. Here are a few pictures to show you why.
This is "Peaches Doggy". Peach is Eli's friend Jordan's doggy. Although Eli LOVES Jordan he also loves her doggie. These pictures are just one example of what happens when we go anywhere there is a dog. Eli LOVES dogs, a trait he got from his father.

What a mommy will do for her little boy.
Although Eli would love a big dog like Peaches, I had to draw the line with a small dog.

So Eli loves Peaches and now we have a dog, which we picked up on Friday from a local breeder.

Although I don't love the idea of having a dog, I was SO excited to see how happy it would make Eli. However we had a rough start. Eli was not so thrilled being at the breeders. There were A LOT of dogs and I think it scared him.

We took Memaw and Pepaw (Mike's parents). However, they were apparently not scared... I think this picture explains why Memaw and Pepaw now have our doggy's sister at their house.
Look at how she is looking at him.

(Mikes goal all along was to take them with us so this would happen)
Meet Winnie, Memaw and Pepaw's new doggy.

Once Mike picked out our dog and we got in the car, Eli got excited. He held the puppy (Wrigley) all the way to Mike's sister's. We got a little on video.


When we got to his sisters the girls loved both puppy's. Alaina especially loved Wrigley.

When we got home, Eli and Wrigley watched Eli's night-time cartoon together. Wrigley is a lap dog and Eli loves to hold him.
Eli woke up this morning saying "doggy, doggy"
He was happy to be greeted by Wrigley. When they are both a little bigger maybe they can sleep together.
We took Wrigley for his first walk today. Eli wanted to hold hold him so 1/2 of the walk was only an actual WALK for Mike and I. I think I will frame this picture so I can remember why I agreed to a dog the first time he poops on my carpet :) which I am expecting very soon as it is raining and he WILL NOT go outside!
Eventually Wrigley did walk. Eli loved holding the leash. I did not post the video of when Eli trips and cries or when he steps on the puppy. Here is a video of everyone having fun!


Although Wrigley LOVES to lay around and be held (why we wanted this breed), he did run around the yard with Eli today.



We think Eli understand this is his puppy because when we were leaving Mike's parents tonight he had a panic attack when he thought we were not taking Wrigley home with us.

I wish I had a camera with me tonight because Wrigley and his sister were too cute napping together. Maybe I can get one from Memaw and Pepaw.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting the dog! They both look very cute together. As for the inevitable mistake... Tiny dog, tiny poop.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kari!

VERY cute puppy and Wrigley looks like a great fit for Eli.

Micah and I have an Akita-Micah's dream dog-and part of that agreement was that we would get her proper schooling. She went through puppy high school at Bark Tutor a 62nd and Keystone. It's on the pricey side, but it made all the difference in her obedience for us.

I know everyone feels differently about dog training and such, but in the case you were interested, I thought I'd pass on a place we felt was worth the (somewhat large) investment being that we will have her for the next 10-15 years.

Good luck and both Wrigley and Eli are adorable!

peace.

Terry & Suzi Tolliver said...

SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!!! I can't wait to show this to Terry - it gives me hope that one day I will break him and my boys can have a puppy too!!!