October 21, 2008

The GREAT PUMPKIN

At last the great pumpkin was cut from the vine and carved. It was quit the event with great food and family. It look dad and I a long time to get the top off as it was very very thick. I think it was a drywall saw he used and it still was not deep enough. It looks so great in front of the house... but most everyone thinks it is fake until they get close.

Proud farmer Papaw!

Eli was so helpful as we tried to get the top off.




We had to cut a hole in the back to punch out the top



I think he was a little confused by this large thing

He did warm up to it

... and then he kissed it


Papaw really wanted Eli in the pumpkin


Eli thought he would fight his way out with a stick... I guess he does not want to be an Ann Geddes model.


It was a fun day with only a little attitude :)



2 comments:

Caine Mutiny said...

Cool !!

Tatum & Jose said...

That is awesome! They should have entered it in a contest and maybe have their dirt and ground water tested ;-)