This last week we were at Rainbow Camp. For those that don't know what this is all about... there is background info on our post from last year http://kueblerfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2007/07/rainbow-at-rainbow-camp.html
So it was our 5th year together... my 13th if you count my 5 years as a camper. We had an amazing time. We came back tired physically but spiritually refreshed!!!!
Eli had a blast. He showed off his new head-butting skills to everyone. (He has started to head-butt when he is mad, something we are real proud of!)
So it was our 5th year together... my 13th if you count my 5 years as a camper. We had an amazing time. We came back tired physically but spiritually refreshed!!!!
Eli had a blast. He showed off his new head-butting skills to everyone. (He has started to head-butt when he is mad, something we are real proud of!)
Eli's favorite part of camp was hands down the BARN. Although I enjoy watching him enjoy things I was over the barn about a hour into our first visit... but Eli was not. I would say we averaged about 2-3 hours a day in the barn. And, although I am sure God created flies for a reason, I do not enjoy them swarming around my head while I smell poop for hours at a time (yes Mike, I said POOP). At one point the mini-horse bit Eli. After I knew he was OK I thought "Yes... he will be afraid of the animals and we can get out of here." (Does that make me a bad mother?) Oh how wrong I was, while he was crying, he got more corn and once again stuck his fingers in the horse's mouth. (I think his logic reasoning skills are developing slow due to the fact he beats his head on hard surfaces when he is mad.) At one point I tried to get him away by taking a golf cart to the other side of camp and having us dropped off. But, Eli found it again. He cried for the entire 20 minutes he spent finding his way back to the barn. Did I mention how much I love the barn?!?
Here are some clips from the BARN.
Feeding the animals hay... again and again and again!
What did we do when the animals got full you ask? Eli did what was natural... he tickled them. The second video is a little dark, but those are little chicks.
BIG thank you to Joel for enduring this and taking one for the team... He got pooped on by a few of these cute little guys.
BIG thank you to Joel for enduring this and taking one for the team... He got pooped on by a few of these cute little guys.
One night he has the opportunity to bottle feed a baby raccoon with his friend Sammy. Odd I know! Sammy's mommy and I tag team the nurse role at camp. Sammy and Eli are exactly one year apart and had a blast together this year!
4 comments:
Wow, camp looked fun (but exhausting). By the way, I found the solution for Eli's head butting problem: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=148756&cmSource=Search
Don't worry, we won't make fun of him too much :)
It looks like that kid has underwear on his head. I am tempted to buy it and see if you can stick to "not making fun of him too much" when I send him to church with you with panties on his head :)
We will never, never, NEVER put a bonnet on Eli's head...whether it be a bumper bonnet, easter bonnet, blue bonnet, or a little house on the prairie bonnet.
Never!!!
These recent posts are all.... what you might call 'family friendly' and 'informative' and all...but is Mike going to blog again soon??????
Post a Comment