April 20, 2008

A good day can go bad fast

My dad came over today to finish up some major wall work. Eli loves watching grandpa work and is in his tools the minute we are not watching. Grandpa let Eli help today. Looks like Eli might be more handy then Mike and I.

Soon after this lovely photo opportunity Eli thought it would be funny to walk around with a clear plate in front of his face. It was creative and cute watching him be a silly j boy. Then... as he was taking the plate back to the kitchen he tripped over his own feet. This happens about 50 times a day, but this time he face planted into the fireplace hearth and nailed his nose on the brick. It scared us all to death, being as it looked like he hit his eye right on the corner. When I picked him up his nose was already swollen and turning black and blue. This picture was taken when it started to look a little better. He was putting on his tough guy face for the camera here.

At first we thought about the ER (when the swelling and bruising appeared it was going to be really bad and I read that could be signs of a something bad) but after a nap it looked better so we were glad we did not go. It happened under my watch therefore I think Mike is still thinking about leaving me and taking Eli to a "safe" place.

NOTE: While Mike and I evaluated the damage to Eli's face, grandpa took down the enemy by sanding the corner that assaulted Eli off the fireplace.

4 comments:

grandpa said...

The two photos of Eli and his Grandpa are obviously inaccurate. I know Eli's Grandpa personally and he's much younger than the guy in those pictures.

carol said...

Poor Eli....and poor Mommy! It's aweful seeing them get hurt like that.

Anonymous said...

Carol,
What about daddy? He's the one who carried him around for 40 minutes while he was crying!!!

Tatum & Jose said...

Poor Eli! Well Eli and Nadia can now share their fireplace accidents and compare scars.