Today is a new day. I got 4.5 hours of consecutive sleep and I feel like a new women (for today). Eli had eggs for breakfast. We make animal sugar cookies together and while they were baking he learned to write the number one - which he was so excited about he called and left Mike a message. I have meat defrosting to make Mike his favorite meal - taco "salad". My mother-in-law is coming over tomorrow so I can go to the BMV and do with my car what I should have done 50 days ago, I might even dust while she is here. The baby pooped 3 times today after a week of horrid constipation. I showered myself, gave the baby a bath, and gave Eli a haircut - the cookies were his reward for sitting through it.
It is almost 5pm and I am cleaning the kitchen while Eli plays with the dog in the backyard and Isaac watches me.
It is now 7:50 and Mike had to leave for a meeting, but Isaac is already asleep and Eli is almost ready for bed. Dinner is cleaned up - yes, I fed them dinner tonight.
Today was a better day, it normally is after a big breakdown. God says he will not give us more then we can handle, and I am confident he knew that yesterday I was just about there.
Now to make it even better here are some pictures from the last few weeks.
*NOTE* - Eli has his underwear on inside out and still is not dressed (he was dressed at one point but he rarely comes out of the bathroom with them still on) - I said it was a new day not a perfect one.
3 comments:
His mercies are new each morning! I was thinking of you tonight while my kids were pretty much getting their own dinner from whatever they could find in the fridge! :-) LOVE those cookies! Very fun!
Thanks Alison!
Oh Kari! I am so sorry things have been so rough. I really can't believe how big and adorable Isaac has gotten, I feel like he is a completely different baby in three weeks! I am glad he finally pooped for you. You are truly an amazing mom, those cookies are gorgeous and very Martha. God is good, I know I had my lowest day of the year, and then He sold our home. . .Can't wait to catch up in person
Post a Comment